Midi actions can be placed inside Multi Actions or Multi Action Switches but with some restrictions.
When a Multi Action button is pressed, the Multi Action triggers a Key press immediately followed by a Key release for each action that is defined within the Multi Action. This sequence of events has the following consequences for Midi actions in Multis:
- Push buttons work as expected both in Multi Actions and Multi Action Switches.
- Hold buttons does not work in Multis since the Midi action experiences only a very short key press and has no knowledge of the state of the physical button.
- Toggle buttons work as expected in Multi Actions. They also work in Multi Action Switches but the result might be somewhat confusing...
- A Midi toggle action placed in both Multis of a Multi Action Switch will toggle with each button press but keeps track of its own state regardless of the state of the Multi Action Switch.
- A Midi toggle action placed in only one of the Multis in a Multi Action Switch will toggle with every other button press and keeps track of its own state regardless of the state of the Multi Action Switch.
- Fader buttons does not work in Multis.
- Cycle buttons work as expected in Multis except "hold to change direction" that does not work since the action experiences only a very short key press.